Now that we’ve successfully made it through Christmas, I’m exhausted and dreaming of some rest & relaxation. I’m obsessively searching the internet every night to figure out where we should go for our annual March/April family vacation. Alexa will be starting kindergarten in September and then we’ll be doomed to only book vacations during the dreaded school vacation period when prices skyrocket, flights become noisier (and smellier) and lines become longer. No thanks!
Lyla is having fun mocking me every night. She thinks that my iPhone is named Siri Google:
- Siri Google “best family vacation spots 2016”
- Siri Google “shortest direct, non-stop flights from Boston to the Caribbean”
- Siri Google “most fun Caribbean resorts for children under 5, adults and senior citizens”
Basically, as the girls get older and my Mother-In-Law has decided to take more time off work to travel with us, the “must have” vacation list becomes longer.
So, voila! I’ve done all the research and narrowed it down to 3 places:
- Hawk’s Cay Resort in the Florida Keys. This resort seems to have it all and came highly recommended by our Sales Manager Kate who’s my “go to” for travel advice. This was number one on my list until I started reading Facebook reviews and scared myself silly.
- Paradisus Punta Cana looks amazing and most affordable but I have to make sure I can get my girls their passports fast enough and I wonder about squeezing the 5 of us in to a 2 bedroom suite.
- The Ritz Carlton Condos in St. Thomas. I LOVE this place and the 2 bedroom condos are spacious enough for all of us, but we’ve been there 3 times. It’s time for somewhere new, right?
Stay tuned for the big decision and if you have any feedback, email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
I can’t wait to get my toes in the sand!
Holly Daniels Christensen – Founder/Designer