Summer vacation is right around the corner and hopefully we’ll all be traveling somewhere fun – preferably the beach for me and my family. Whether it’s a road trip, day trip or weeklong getaway there are some beach essentials you can’t (or shouldn’t) live without.
Here are a few of my personal MUST HAVES for a beach weekend:
- Start with a great beach bag – Fivesse Beach Bags are my fave – well designed and useful is the perfect combination for me and my family.
- Flip flops – Eric and I love REEF and the girls wear the kind with the strap around the back. You don’t want to be running back to the beach searching for the kids’ flip flops because they fell off. Get the good kind!
- Bathing suits – (of course) For the whole family. I’m not feeling bikini season this year so I’ve been searching endlessly for a great one-piece and guess what, I found it! Check out Robin Piccone’s Mia Crochet Collection. I love mine and here’s a little secret – you can find it for HALF price on Amazon! If you have kids, buy the cute little long sleeve tops so you’re not stressing as much about sun screen on their perfect skin.
- Sunscreen – I like Babyganics spray. I end up using it for the whole family because it’s crazy to carry a million different sunscreens. If it’s safe enough for my babes, it’s perfect for me and Eric as well. You have to take a few more minutes to rub it in well because it’s white (just FYI)
- Sunglasses – We’re a Ray Ban family – I recently purchased a new pair of Wayfarers with matte blue sides that are sexy and casual. Perfect! For a dressier option I’m saving up for a pair of Jennifer Fisher x Illesteva Holly Sunglasses
- A roundie beach towel – Check out The Beach People’s Montauk…I’m in love!
- Memorable jewelry – That can be worn from the brunch to the beach to dinner – try our large gold Sandrop Earrings paired with layered gold necklaces, my choice is a 16” Sandrop with an 18” or 20” gold Sandollar
Holly Daniels Christensen – Founder/Designer